08 September 2007

Trip to 서울 (Seoul, South Korea) on 03-08 September 2007

Source and photos: http://horizons.free.fr/seikatsu/eng/memories/2007-09-08_kr-seoul.htm

Guards on the go at 경복궁 (Gyeongbok Palace) I travelled to 서울 (Seoul, South Korea) for the first time on 03-08 September 2007 to give a talk at the 10th International Symposium on Analysis, Design, and Evaluation of Human-Machine Systems (aka HMS2007) and another at 연세대학교 (Yonsei university) (see Post 07 September 2007). On my first day, I explored the city center and walked to the top of 남산 (Namsan park), where I lingered on great views over the capital. On my last day, 자영 (Jayoung), a Korean researcher from the university, and her friend 질 (Jin) guided me inside 경복궁 (Gyeongbok Palace) and accompanied me for lunch in the charming 인사동 (Insadong) district.

I loved the relaxing and lively atmosphere of the capital, its great landscapes and tasty food, its classy women and skilled jazz musicians. Behaviors and costs differ greatly from 東京 (Tokyo, Japan): people are more friendly but more noisy, notably in subways; traditional dishes such as 비빔밥 (bibimbap) and transportation, even taxis, are quite cheap. Living several months in 서울 (Seoul) would certainly be a heartening and enriching experience.

No comments: